Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A New Thing



Hello everyone! Welcome to our new blog. I decided to start this website since I had Logan. I thought this would be a great way for everyone to see her and to see what is going on with us in general. I hope you all enjoy it and visit often. As I will try my hardest to keep it updated at least weekly. Moving on from that....




Motherhood is great! I am loving every minute of it. Logan is growing so fast. Its amazing how fast they grow. She just went to her 2 month baby well check up and weighed in at 12lbs 6 grams and 22 inches long. She is in the 90th percentile for her weight which means she is growing very well. And is average height at the moment. She is cooing like crazy and loves to smile. I am trying to catch her smiling with the camera but she seems to know when its out and I am about to take a picture because she stops smiling as soon as I turn the camera on. But I did catch her a few times:
Alexis, my stepdaughter, is four. She is getting ready to attend kindergarten in the fall. She is really looking forward to it. She just finished this thing called safety camp. Which was a great little camp for kids. It teaches them to no talk to strangers and what to do if a stranger tries to talk to them or take them. They learn their addresses and phone numbers in case they get lost. And they had this thing called safety town where the kids drove tricycles around a town. The buildings were made of boxes and there were even streets. The kids learned what to do when crossing the street. Here is a picture of Alexis before her graduation from safety camp


Well thats it for the first post. More to come very soon......

3 comments:

Samara Link said...

How cool, Eryn! I was so excited to get the email about your new blog and to see your first post. (Love the background you chose, by the way.) This really is a great way to keep in touch and share pictures -- you can be sure you'll have two dedicated readers in Arizona. It'll be fun to "see" you guys and get updates on your life.

I think you'll find blogging both additctive and theraputic. I sure do. The pictures you posted of the kids are wonderful. Such beautiful girls they are! I'm really looking forward to reading and seeing more about the Shaver Family.

p.s. I saw you called, and I will get back with you next week once I've finished this class.

Anonymous said...

Eryn, terrific idea. Your blog looks great. Nice shots of Logan and Alexis. Sure glad Logan has my jeans. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Eryn....awesome! Its so exciting to see your blog! Logan is absolutely beautiful, along with your stepdaughter. Hopefully we can get our babies together sometime :)
Susie